Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wednesday WIP

Back to Wednesday WIP after a long break - this is the best way to document and feel the progress. 

I've decided to be a bit more frugal in my quilt approach and have less WIPs in 2014. I find that with many ongoing projects I get less done and spend more time being frustrated about lack of progress. So now it's all about clearing out and finish before starting a new project. So far it's two finishes and one new start. I already know what the next project will be - a string quilt, but... I am not going to start it until I have finished the quilt below.

So this is my WIP. This project started end of January. The picture is a little old - I have four more stars ready, so I'll assemble the quilt next week. It's a shared project from my quilting class, which of course I had to do differently that planned - can't seem to ever play by the rules. We swapped fabric and were supposed to make the stick block. I really didn't like neither the fabrics nor the pattern, so I changed it into 15 color coordinated stars and a single stick. I'm beginning to actually like this quilt and despite the frustrating start I have a feeling this quilt will be used and not just hidden away. Heck, I'm even starting to like some of the fabrics I got after I organised them into color groups. 

I'm taking this quilt back to class end of February and hoping the others will have a laugh too. The stars are each 20x20 inches so this will be another 80 x 80 biggie.



Then a couple of finishes... I wrapped up this beauty on Friday - 1,5 years in progress. I am so happy about it.  It's one of those quilt that just grew and grew. When I started the center EPP I had no plan. Love it when it progresses and finishes like this. (More about this quilt here http://my-quilts.blogspot.it/2014/02/a-finish.html)


Another finish from January was this quilt for my oldest, who turned 13. To say he loves it is underestimated. He literally wanted to take it on the plane going on vacation last week (which evil mom of course said no to).  It's the pattern Long Johns from. Stephanie @ LoftCreations. (More about this quilt here http://my-quilts.blogspot.it/2014/01/i-finished-longjohn-quilt-week-ago-and.html)



5 comments:

  1. Wow the blues are fabulous ... I don't blame your son for wanting to smuggle that one out the door :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, gorgeous colours and loving the mirror images of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize those stars were so big! You've made terrific progress in the new year. I hope to follow in your footsteps. I'm really looking forward to seeing your string quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - really nice projects! The stars are looking terrific!

    ReplyDelete