Tuesday 28 June 2011

Busy Wonderful June

June has been busy. Lots of school activities, sports and birthday parties. No complaints from me although it meant less time sewing. My youngest turned 8 and this is the amazing cake my SIL made him. Since it was last day of school that day also the theme was 'Summer Holiday' - is the snowman sun bathing not just too funny?


We went to Sweden over the weekend and celebrated no less than two birthdays - my sons and my brothers. Besides the opportunty to be with my family I was also able to work a bit on the star quilt. It is almost there :) Almost. Just need to piece the two parts together and I can start adding borders. My brave Mom (yes, the woman who never quilted before and dived right in the deep end with a huge hand quilt) and I decided the border colors and we also went though different quilting options. Will most likely end up with quilting just around and inside the stars to keep it simple.



I am halfway done with quilting the instant satisfaction quilt. Not so instant after all since life all of a sudden became very busy. I decided however that I will keep the quilt myself - first time I dont give it away. Moda Freebird was the first fabric line I completely fell in love with so I feel something special for this quilt. Can't wait to snuggle up on my couch with it. That is if my cats don't beat me to it. They seem to have a preference for sleeping on quilts no matter what line of fabric it is ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment