Finally a little time for an update. Life continues to be busy both at home and at work. We've
I'm happy to report some progress on my 'lego' project. The house quilt made from Stephanie's pattern 'Peek-a-Boo Street'. Warning though. Major cuteness alert! I was making it for my nephew and started of in great style with cars... but it turned a bit more girly as I moved on and now I'm making evil plans to keep it myself. Here's the latest picture from Tuesday afternoon (the photo is a bit dark but the days are really getting lighter now, so hopefully not too many dull dark pictures for a while)
It still needs a blue/green thin scrappy border and then another dark grey polka dot border added, so it will end up quite big. Could you not envision this on my couch? I certainly could...
Here's a few of my favourite blocks. I used blue and green scraps and are loving the randomness of it.
The BOM blocks suffered from negligence until last weekend in January, where I spent two consecutive days with my quilt group. I had planned to use a darker background but ended up deciding to use a light background and thus had to run off to the quilt shop to get more fabric in the middle of it. Here's a picture from when I was sewing the blocks together. It's finished now and i love how the blocks are 'flowing'. I still need to decide on AND do the borders.
I fell a little behind on my bee blocks in January. Just barely managed to get the 3x6 stars to the post office 30 minutes before closing time on the very last day and my bee mates in Bee Europa has suffered for that ever since.
Here's the block for Amelie. I am not super happy how it tuned out honestly. The fun thing about this bee is that you're always forced outside your comfort zone, the bad thing is you're handling other peoples beloved fabric and making something is always a nerve wrecking affair because you can't start over in case you fail. In this case I wish I could start over. I think I could make it much better second time around.
I also made her a little bag using the same pattern and using some of my beloved Echino. In this bee I always add a little extra thing to their block either using the cut offs from the block or making something in similar fabrics from my an stash. For the past months I've resorted to my trustful easy bag pattern as the gift... It is so fast to make, easy to let it be inspired of the block and very, very useful.
January's block was for Christine. She asked for a wonky star. I made her bag in pinks and of course with a wonky star: