Thursday 26 April 2012

April BOM blocks

Canton Village Quilt Works


Every month Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works hosts a free block of the month designed by an impressive list of well-known quilt designers.

With only one block a month this is a very do-able project and I make two versions of each block.

Besides being a lot of fun to do it has also been a great learning for me. All the blocks are pieced. When I look at some of the firsts block I made I almost want to re-do them.

I'm not sure if I'll end up with a large quilt or two smaller ones. Time will tell.... For now I'm just enjoying the precess immensely.
This months block was designed by Amy of Mrs. Schmenkman Quilts. Stunning isn't it?
You can see many more versions of this block in the Flickr group.



5 comments:

  1. Your blocks looks terrific together! I still have to make mine...might be on my "to do" list for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think that the two different colourways would look funny together. But due to the magic of quilting - they look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look lovely all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blocks ! Haven't done this month yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished this month's block today. I love your 2 versions. Both versions actually look good together! I'm only making one of each. I just hope I can get the finished quilt to be a good size.

    ReplyDelete