Sunday 22 May 2011

Top piece quilting

Normally I just do straight lines ‘cause that all I can do… But I decided after much inspiration from all the lovely projects I see online than I needed to challenge myself with the actual quilting.
I was too much of a coward to attempt free-hand quilting, so I decided to frame the squares with ‘stitch-in-the-ditch’ and then make cross-cross pattern in the other areas. And not to blow my own trumpet or anything but….. I LOVE IT.

I have A LOT to learn still but making a pattern is so much fun and makes the quilt even more special.  This morning it was just a quilt but now it is my very special quilt. The creativity process is amazing.
Rather than using a pen to do the markings I tried the Hera marker for the first time– and it works perfectly so far.
The pictures below are from tonight and although perhaps a bit premature because the quilt is not done… and the pictures are of poor quality… and because the quilt could use a bit of pressing… and because of a thousand other reasons I ought to wait until the quilt was all done and nicely made up. But I cant wait - I’m just way to exited


No comments:

Post a Comment