Saturday 10 August 2013

A very quick little bag...

Yesterday we were invited to a party... I decided to wear a dress in a lovely teal color that I found in the US. Only problem was that my normal clutch really clashed with the teal, so I decided to whip up a quick little bag based on a pattern that Stephanie @ Loft Creations was so kind to send me a little while back. It's called ' Little Purse'.

I used some of the Amy Butler scraps that seems to overflow my sewing space these days.

What a lot of fun it was. I came home from work at 5.15 pm and started sewing. The instructions are so easy and clear that i didn't have to unpick anything at all ( and let me tell you that is a rare thing for me...) So at 7 o'clock I was at the party with a finished bag and had even managed to squeeze in a quick shower and makeup time.



I made the bag a little smaller than the pattern suggested since this will be strictly a pouch. I also used a magnetic clips instead of a button... partly because I didn't have a nice button (!) and partly because the small size. Looking at it know I wish I had made the corners a little more rounded, but hey, it pretty good looking bag despite of it, isn't it?


I'm already planning to make another bag based on the same pattern and with a decorative trim like in the pattern just making the trim in a bright color. And the base in one fabric only rather than the very scrappy look I got going here. The options are endless....

2 comments:

  1. What a fun bag and I love your spin on it! Gorgeous teal dress. The bag colors really add some fun to the simple Little Purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag this little purse.
    Great combo too!

    ReplyDelete