Wednesday 24 April 2013

A little progress...

Time goes by so fast these days and with lots of work and teachers on strike for 3 weeks now (the kids have not been to school since before Easter and we still have to keep up with our work)  crafting must take a step back. I do manage to make a few blocks here and there, so luckily there's a little progress to report... Though not much.

I made this wonderful bag in just two evenings. It's based on Stehanie @ loftcreations latest pattern Caity Did! I love how big it is and especially the little criss-cross feature on the front. Such a fun little detail I wouldn't  have thought of in a million years.

It's perfect for me - I'm a true shoulder-bag-kind-of-girl - always carrying lots of stuff around. It will be great for quilting supplies, shopping - even a fun addition to my normally quite classic work wardrobe.  I will start putting it to good use already tomorrow morning that's for sure :)

There was supposed to be a lovely button too, but I skipped that part. Busy little me never closes my bags anyway. Would have looked awfully cute though. This is a little more simple...

Untitled
Untitled Bag detail... Another project I'm working a little on I's my EPP project I started last summer. With the new job time was suddenly very limited and I couldn't see the project finish anytime soon. So I decided to start adding borders. I selected a block from Modern Blocks and are halfway now. I've asked the members of my Bee to each make a block for me. When I get the last ones I should have enough to finish it and then start thinking about the next border.
Half way there...
A little colour festival  :) Center is EPP

This will be great... I can just feel it in my bones :)

Linking up to Lee's Wednesday WIP
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

23 comments:

  1. I love your spotted Caity Did! You're a fast bag maker and you are very sweet. But your quilt is absolutely fantastic. The blending of the blocks is so intriguing and your border blocks are really going to set the quilt off. It's a wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome shoulder bag. And your quilt just takes my breath away. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that EPP quilt. I think lots of us are working on finishing up our EPPs and finding interesting ways to compliment all our hand work. You certainly have done an amazing job of finding just the right border treatment for this beautiful quilt.

    Love that bag!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bag! Great fabric choices!

    Your quilt is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It''s already great! A pieced border with bee blocks will very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lattice-look border on your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dotted fabrics fora great bag! I love my bags with a good size too, and Stephanie's patterns are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty...I really like the bag and the quilt is so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you bag, so cute with the dots. And that quilt will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects! WOW, you fabrics are scumptious!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bag and that top is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man I thought that was a panel in the middle at first I didn't realize it was all pieced until the close up. So amazing. And I love the blocks you chose for the boarder that's really great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous stuff and that bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The EPP quilt is amazing!
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both the bag and the quilt are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great bag, but that quilt steals the show! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That EPP project is BEAUTIFUL! And honestly, I was drawn in by the pieced blocks making up the borders before I realized how intricate the center blocks were. All of it is a hit (and gorgeous fabrics, too)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a shoulder bag kinda gal too, so I really like yours! Oh, the quilt is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That quilt is amaze balls! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, gorgeous quilt! Love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great work, love the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is already great. Such a wonderful mix of design and yummy fabric/colors.

    ReplyDelete