Wednesday 19 September 2012

Wednesday WIP - new projects

A really quick WIP this week - as usual I'm running around like a mad woman and trying to meet some pretty hefty deadlines, parent meetings and a lot more. Busy days at my casa! Despite of that I have managed to start a few projects - or maybe - because of that. Sewing is just great for de-stressing and I actually get a lot of thinking done while sewing.

Anyways, on the the WIP's. This weekend I finally got started on a new quilt. It's made all from scraps (and some pretty odd ones too) but so far so good. I have pieced a few of the rows but I still need a couple of hours of uninterrupted sewing to really feel I'm getting somewhere. Below the layout. Hope to have more to show you next week  :)

Scraps hst quilt

Yesterday evening I made this months block for Bee Europa 2012. It's the Converging Corners block:

 

As usual I like to make something inspired from the bee block as a little extra thing to send with as a little fun gift. This month I decided to make a small bag from linnen and various scraps in the same colors as the block. It ended up a tad bigger than I planned (10"x12" unfolded) but it's actually a great sie e.g. for taking an EPP project on the road. Geez, almost want to keep it myself!



Linking up to Lee's:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

14 comments:

  1. You play with very pretty fabrics. I love the yellow and linen together and of course I love all bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love your scrap quilt!!! So gorgeous :) And your Bee Europa block is a lot of fun too, I always love how yellow and linen look together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your background color in your converging corners. I've been thinking of making one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top is gorgeous! Love the colors and simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this quilt top, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects. The quilt top is awesome but I love the converging corners block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your warm/cool HST top is very striking! Now I want to make one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your linen and yellow looks great and I love the project that grew into something you really liked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute bag!! I'd totally want to keep it myself too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your WIP!!! And I am so happy that I am in the Bee Europa too! I keep my yarn in your lovely fabric basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute bag and block! I can see why you're tempted to keep it :-) And I love your HST top too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That quilt top is awesome! And it is so sweet of you to include something else with your bee block that matches...I wish I was in a bee with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your triangle quilt is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete