This weekend I finally finished the 3x6 bee blocks. I love making plans but seem to have a problem sticking to them. This bee is no exception. I spend several days plowing through my quilt books before the bee started and finally had two patterns picked out. Then as the bee members started to post the mosaics I changed my mind. Again… And again :)
I finally decided on Freshly Pieced ‘Hex around the block’ but in a less scrappy version. I love the scrappy lok but since the color options are limited I opted for the safe version of the block. I loved making them and might end up making lots more out of scraps for quilt project.
I also made an angel block for someone in another hive, who didn’t get all her blocks last quarter. It was a wonky hive… I’m not 100% pleased about this one but I was completely out of ideas of what to make and finally just decided just to make a wonky log cabin block. To make thinbgs worse Ella had asked for purple and tangarine - the two colors I have next to nothing in, so my stash was really put to the test on this block.
The pictures are a bit dark and the usual poor flashy quality – I finished well past midnight and couldn’t help taking some pictures right away. Patience is a virtue. Too bad I don’t have any.