Today is a combined Wednesday WIP and ’Just 3’ post so I’m linking up to both Lee's and Tracey’s today. If you’re not running out the door within the next 5 minutes (as I ought to) do make sure to stop by Tracey to see her new pattern released only yesterday. I bought it already and are planning to make a Christmas quilt.
So a quick status… I reached all my goals for July and even managed to squeeze in a bit more (not trying to be an over-achiever – it’s just because I had a long vacation):
1) I made the Bee Europa 2012 wonky log cabin blocks for Amy (see more here)
2) I did more than 1x1 metre on the EPP project. I decided that I want to keep this as the centre of the quilt and next will be to build on this with borders. Bad indoor night pictures from yesterday late evening... sorry. It started to get dark sooner already and it's raining again here.
3) I finished piecing the 60 degree star quilt – all 325 triangles. I had planned to make a scrappy border but are reconsidering this. I’m not in a hurry to baste and finish the whole quilt. as I am saving it as a Christmas present.
4) I finally managed to catch up on the Blogger’s BOM which had been neglected since May. I’m still doing two of each block so I have made 6 blocks this month. They are not pressed yet so bear with the crinkles- just pulled them out of the box for a photo.
5) As an extra plus to clearing the design wall I also organized my fabric – or at least the bigger scraps and fat quarters. I still have a huge shelf with designer bundles and half yards that I have not opened yet but in due time I will :) With this done and an empty design wall I feel ready to start something new and very different.
6) The 6st and final big ting in July was creating my collage for the 3x6 sampler bee which starts today. I recently got some Seranade fabric and are going to ask for blocks in that color range. Have also been though a lot of quilting books to decide what block I want to make for the others. I’m down to 3 now but wont make the final decision until I see the other members collages.
- Make the 6 blocks for 3x6 samler bee
- Make the 2 August blocks for Blogger's BOM
- Build at least 2 borders on the EPP wip quilt