Thursday 28 July 2011

A different star quilt

I finished a new quilt top yesterday evening - sorry for the bad picture. Because it was made literaly spending 10 or 20 minutes here and there over the summer I didn't get to take any pictures as I was making it. 

The fabric is Riley Blake and I had cut it up for a different pattern first and then realised I didnt like it much - the fabric was all wrong for the pattern. So I ended up ripping it apart and started over with Kate Spains 'Charming Stars Quilt' from Moda Bakeshop.

Although the colors are a bit unusual for me (pink and green) I find the quilt quite sweet. I'm debating if I should save it as a gift or if I should keep it myself. Mybe it my chance to actually have a quilt since the boys are always using  my quilt. This one is most likely too pink and girly for them  ;)

Well, first I need to make the backing and then its decision time....


No comments:

Post a Comment