So what have I been up to this week? Well, I'm making sure it's spring inside as well as outside :)
On Friday I took out a project I started a few months back and finally made some headway on it.
My oldest son gave me 10 fat quarters of fabric for Christmas two years ago that he himself had picked out. True to his personality there were lots of graphic fabrics with forks, cows, zebras, butterflies and you name it and to be honest I had no idea what to use it for. You gotta love that he made an effort though so I really wanted to make sure it got used in a good way. I finally got the idea to make a pieced background in black 'n white and and place colourful rainbow color pops on top of that - very much inspirered of some of Kathy Doughty's quilts..
Last week I wasn't sure about the project, but now that its coming together I have to say I really like it. It's different but lots of fun and I'm on a steep learning curve with dresdens and appliqué. That's always fun.
So it might not look like a lot of progress since Friday, but this week I managed to sew quite a bit and now I only have 5 flowers left and of course the centres.
I'm linking up to Lees Wednesday WIP.