Below a few pictures from the basting. It has a super thick fleece backing (also scrappy as you can see) and a cotton batting. It means it's quite a thick and heavy quilt... and I find basting that easier on a table. It's not what I would call an esthetic beautiful backing I guess but just how we like it. I made a dark grey/white polka dot binding on it. Not completely sure it was the right choice in retrospect... but I'll live with it. It is after all a scrappy quilt from start to finish. More pictures of the finished quilt will follow once I manage to get the kids out from under it.
Son #1 tested the size right after the basting... and immediately approved it.
This week I also finally made some headway on the chevron QAL. I'm way behind but this is how my design wall looks right now. It goes together in no time, so hopefully I'll be catching up the the others by the end of this week.
Then I also made the October Bee Europa blocks. Joanna had asked us to do some paper pieced letters in solids. I had a really hard time pulling myself together doing this round but now I'm done... Enough said.