The progress this week has been good. I made my very first bee block for the Bee Europa 2012... and forgot to photograph it before sending it of to Cara in the UK. We were asked to make the Lee's Rocky Road to Kansas. I did struggle a little with mine. For some reason it came out at 12 1/4 inch rather than 12,5 inch, so I had to take it apart and remake it. It's a lovely block though and I think it's going to be a beautiful quilt.
Otherwise I'm busy sewing together triangles for my Terrain quilt. I adore the fabric and are so happy I have plenty more so I can make another quilt in the future. I'm doing hexiestars and they are quite big. Right now my design wall is a mess as some rows are sewed together and some aren't. Here's a picture from earlier this week giving a rough outline. I have since added more stars. I want to the quilt to be large so it's perfect for snuggling:
As always I struggle with cutting wonderful bold fabric into very small pieces so I made the stars quite large. The height is 19" per star. Here's a few of them:
The triangles are not as difficult in themselves but I pin a lot to ensure the rows are accurate. Therefore the motto for this week is:
Linking up to Lee's Wednesday WIP. Oh... go on over there and have a look. You know you want to.